Friday, January 6, 2017

Make Ahead Egg Frittata - Whole 30

Before oven and after... 
I wanted to have some easy breakfasts, since my husband is joining me on the Whole 30 this round. SO... I looked up egg casseroles for some techniques.  Honestly, I can't recall who I "stole" this from... but basically found... sautéed or blanched veg + eggs + meat (cooked) at 350 until cooked.

Here's what I did: sauté some veggies... add to a greased 9x13. Crumble cooked sausage ( had some homemade pork/ground turkey sausage - ala Nom Nom Paleo {thanks Frugal Nutrition} - but sub chili flakes for maple syrup for W30 compliancy). Top with whipped up eggs, seasoned as you like.

I baked at 350 for about 35 minutes, making sure eggs were cooked.

Heated in the morning and topped with Valentina's. 
In the dish: shredded raw sweet potatoes, and sautéed broccoli, kale, red and green peppers, onions.

What would I change? white potatoes vs. sweet potatoes and add jalapeños or chili flakes ... I like savory in the mornings. but it was still yummy.
NOTE: I changed it up a bit. This time, I pre-roasted potatoes with cajun spice (my FAV is Slap Ya Mama's) instead of raw shredded sweet potatoes, and the veggies are broccoli and red peppers. 




SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment